What Do I Do If My Pet Is Lost?
Pet owners with an online account have the option to file a Lost Pet report when their pet is lost or missing.
Filing a Lost Pet report sends an email to fellow pet owners of the “Lost Pet Brigade,” in your area. These are community members that have opted in to receive notifications about pets lost nearby. This report includes a description of your pet and their last known location, as well as any photos or medical notes you have included in your pet’s profile. A Lost Pet report can also appear on our licensing website for your city, increasing the chances of your pet being recognized and found!
Valid pet license
Steps to File a Lost Pet Report
1. Select your country at docupet.com
2. Click “Log In” found in the upper right corner with your email address and password
3. Click “My Pets” in the box on the left side of the webpage
4. Click “Report lost”
5. Click “Edit Privacy settings” - this will enable information such as your contact details and/or defining traits about your pet to appear to a person who has found your pet and inputted your pet’s tag information in a Found Pet Report on our website. Once saved, click “My Pets” followed by “your Pet’s name” and “Report Lost”.
6. Select the location and date where your pet was lost or seen last using the map
7. Add any additional notes including extra details like a specific address, and whether your pet was wearing a collar and/or their tag
8. Click “Report Pet Lost”
Once you have filed a Lost Pet Report, your local Lost Pet Brigade will be notified via email and an alert will go up on your community’s DocuPet homepage.
In the meantime, here are some tips and tricks for what to do if your pet goes missing:
If anyone reports your pet found, DocuPet will reach out to you immediately to notify you with the finders contact information so you can locate your pet.
How to Edit Contact Information
What Do You Do When You Find a Pet?