Pet owners can log in to their existing online account to activate a pre-coded DocuPet tag which assigns the unique HomeSafe™ code found on the back of the tag to a pet of your choice. Licensing your pet and activating your pet’s tag ensures your pet is covered under DocuPet’s 24/7 HomeSafe™ lost pet service!
Steps to Activate your tag when you have an existing online account
1. Select your country at docupet.com
2. Click “Log in” in the upper right corner and enter your username and password
3. Click “Activate a Pet Tag” in the left sidebar
4. Enter the tag code on the back of the physical tag
5. Click “Validate Tag”
6. Click “Continue”
7. Select which pet the tag belongs to. If the pet is not on your account, click “Add a Pet” and fill in your new pet’s details.
8. Click “Save”
9. Click “Complete Tag Activation”
10. All done!
Please note, if you received the pre-coded tag when purchasing a license in person, your licensing details will be automatically added to your account once the records have been submitted from your local veterinarian clinic. Records are usually received and processed within 45 to 60 days.