Some licensing communities require pet owners to upload or mail in proof of current rabies vaccination and/or spay/neuter documentation as part of the licensing process.
Rabies: Up-to-date rabies documentation is necessary for licensing communities that require rabies to be current at the time of licensing and in some communities even connect the expiration of a pet’s license to the expiration of their rabies vaccination. This documentation requires periodic updates in our system, as your pet’s vaccination expires and is re-administered by your veterinarian every one, two, or three years.
Spay/neuter: This documentation is sometimes required in licensing communities that offer a discounted license rate for spayed/neutered pets. This documentation only needs to be provided once, to prove your pet’s spayed or neutered status.
Rabies Documentation Requirements
Your rabies document, should include the following pieces of information:
- The Pet Owners Name
- The Pet Name
- Rabies vaccine listed as the vaccination given
- Vaccine Manufacturer
- Lot #
- The Date Given
Spay/neuter Documentation Requirements
Your Spay/neuter document, should include the following pieces of information:
- The Pet Name
- The Terms: Spay, Neuter, Castration, and/or Sterilization
- The form must be from a Veterinarian.
- The form should include information for the clinic/hospital (e.g the address, phone number, name of Veterinarian.
- S or F-S or FS - Spayed Female
- N or N-M or NM - Neutered Male
Where to Upload Documents
As part of the overall licensing process
In the pet’s profile screen
- Once logged in, click on the “My Pets” tab at the top of the screen
- Next, On the left side of the screen under “My Pets” click on the pet name you are looking to update documentation for
- This screen allows you access to your pet's profile. From here you can scroll down to locate the “Required Documents” section. This will provide you an overview of what documentation is required and/or pending for this pet.
- To upload the new document click on the “Upload Proof” button that corresponds to the document type (Rabies or Spay/Neuter)
- Fill in the required fields making sure the rabies expiration date is in the future and click on “Upload Proof”. This will allow you to select the file you are looking to upload. Accepted file types are JPG, BMP, PNG, TIF, HEIC, WEBP or PDF file that is smaller than 8MB.
- Review the file to ensure it is the correct one, and that all of the details required are visible. Hit “Continue” to submit the file.
What Happens Next
Once documentation is uploaded to your online account, the licensing county will review the information provided. Your pet’s profile will reflect that the document is pending approval.
Pet owners will receive an email stating whether their documentation has been approved or rejected and will also be visible in the “Required Documents” section on the pets profile. If the documentation is rejected, the reason will be stated in the email and you will be required to provide new documentation following the above steps.
Documentation is reviewed within 1-3 business days.
Still having issues uploading your document? No worries, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help:
First and Last Name:
Email on File:
Document Type: (Rabies and/or Spay/Neuter)
Attach File : Accepted file types - JPG, BMP, PNG, TIF, HEIC, WEBP or PDF file that is smaller than 8MB.